SPC is the 4th generation upgrade from PVC, WPC, and LVT flooring. SPC, which stands for Stone Plastic Composite, was introduced in 2017 and is comprised of 5 layers:
- 2 layers of UV film protection
- Top wear layer: thin and completely transparent, provides resistance to scratches and stains
- Vinyl layer: durable and strong, this layer is printed with color, pattern, and texture
- Core layer: mechanically pressed natural limestone powder (calcium carbonate), polyvinyl chloride, and plastic stabilizers
- Base layer: EVA foam that aids in sound absorption and provides underfoot comfort
It is a floating floor, click-lock system –no glue is required.
It is waterproof...with limitations. Components of the flooring are waterproof. Normal everyday moisture-related issues like towels on the floor, small spills, and pet accidents will not affect the flooring or cause any damage. However, the flooring can be damaged by excessive moisture as a result of improper sub-floor preparation, flooding, appliance leaks, leaking pipes, excessive wet mopping, oil and gas spills, and water leakage through sliding glass doors. Refer to the manufacturer’s warranty for details.